Top Paranormal books of 2010

Top Paranormal books of 2010

You may also like...

5 Responses

1. Mauro says:

Re: Top Paranormal books of 2010
    I have ordered Wonders in the Sky but delivery date keeps on being pushed back…

2. Ian Topham says:

It’s hard keeping track of all the new books that come out.  Luckily some publishers send through review copies now and then, but I must admit I have not come across any of the above.

3. bedb says:

the one by Mac Tonnies (does his name mean Son of the Waves?) leans towards a belief I have…that the ancients gods may be living among and that instead of being from other planets…they were simply other beings.

I seriously hate stories about ancient aliens. I always point out that the Sumerians who were so superior…were driving onagers with bloody nose rings and chunk wheels while my primitive ancestors had the wheel figured out and had domesticated the horse…and it was probably these primitive barbarians who introduced the wheel to the world.

I saw something yesterday by some bozos who were trying to say the Egyptian gods were human hibreds….results of genetic crossings. Any humanties student knows the gods were given animal heads so the illiterate people would know which diety was which. Study ancient religion and you begin to notice common themes…like the tree of life…which is in Sumerian mythology but not Egyptian. 
    Heck I think the Nasca Indians had hot air balloons….and they left pictures on their broken pottery showing it.

4. Mauro says:

[quote=bedb]the one by Mac Tonnies (does his name mean Son of the Waves?) leans towards a belief I have…that the ancients gods may be living among and that instead of being from other planets…they were simply other beings.

I seriously hate stories about ancient aliens. I always point out that the Sumerians who were so superior…were driving onagers with bloody nose rings and chunk wheels while my primitive ancestors had the wheel figured out and had domesticated the horse…and it was probably these primitive barbarians who introduced the wheel to the world.

I saw something yesterday by some bozos who were trying to say the Egyptian gods were human hibreds….results of genetic crossings. Any humanties student knows the gods were given animal heads so the illiterate people would know which diety was which. Study ancient religion and you begin to notice common themes…like the tree of life…which is in Sumerian mythology but not Egyptian. 
    Heck I think the Nasca Indians had hot air balloons….and they left pictures on their broken pottery showing it.[/quote]

Having a father who bought every single book by Von Daniken, Kolosimo and Sitchin I can well understand what you mean…

5. bedb says:

Oh I was there too…until I began to realize something wasn’t right in Denmark…they completely ignored history and common sense. It’s like the Rig-Veda I believe that’s the book that tells the story of the flying ships and the war…..it’s counterpart is the Irish Book of Conquests….Lugh and Krsna…go figure.

And you would think if a superhuman battle was going on a few miles down the road…the Assyrians might have mentioned it…or the Hittites….why heck even the Egyptians might have glimpsed it since they were buying lapis lazula from someone in Afghanistan.