The Curfew Inn at 11 Cleveland Place, Bath dates from around the 1820’s. It was designed by Henry Edmund Goodridge (Born 1797 – Died 26 October 1864) who’s other work include the Grade II listed Cleveland Bridge in Bath and the folly now known as Beckford's Tower though originally named Lansdown Tower. Read More »
The Bath Festival Office, which several decades ago was the scene of some strange experiences, can be found at Linley House, 1 Pierrepoint Place, Bath. Read More »
In 1894 jellyfish were apparently reported falling like rain from the sky in Bath. If anyone knows any further details about this event please leave a comment below.
Opened in 1830 by Princess Victoria (24 May 1819 – 22 January 1901) (Queen Victoria from 20 June 1837), the Royal Victoria Park is 57 aces in size. The following account by the author Andrew Green (28 July 1927 – 21 May 2004) describes haunting experiences from the 1976 on the Park’s Gravel Walk. Read More »
The Strada restaurant in Beau Nash House, Saint John's Place, Bath is beside the Theatre Royal and as the building name suggests it was lived in by the dandy Richard Beau Nash (Born 18 October 1674 – Died 3 February 1761). Read More »
The Crystal Palace on Abbey Green in Bath is so called in commemoration of The Grand Exhibition which took place in Hyde Park, London between 1 May 1851 and 15 October 1851. Prior to this name change, the Inn was known as The Three Tuns. Read More »
The Grappa Wine Bar on Lansdown Road, Bath was originally a public house known as the Beehive which in the 1970’s had a reputation for being haunted by a friendly serving maid which the licensees referred to as Bunty. Read More »