You are hereWarton Crag
Warton Crag is a large limestone hill with a few pieces of interesting folklore as described in Lancashire Folk-lore by Harland and Wilkinson 1867: “On the lower declivity of Warton Crag, in the parish of Warton (which abuts on Morecambe Bay and the Westmorland border), commanding a beautiful and extended prospect of the bay, a seat called 'The Bride's Chair’ was resorted to on the day of marriage by the brides of the village and in this seat they were enthroned with due solemnity by their friends, but the origin and the object of the custom, which has now fallen in disuse, are unknown. Not far from Warton Crag are three rocking-stones placed in a line, about forty feet asunder, the largest stone lying in the middle. A cave is also mentioned by Lucas, named ‘The Fairy Hole’, where dwarf spirits called Elves or Fairies, were wont to resort.”
Caves in the area include ‘The Fairy Hole’, the ‘Badger Hole’ and the ‘Dog Holes’, of which the latter is the largest. Archaeology discovered in the caves include both human and animal remains, also pottery, stone, bronze, iron and bone objects. There is also the remains of a iron age hill fort on Warton Crag which may date back to the 1st Century and the time of King Venutius and Queen Cartumandua of the Brigantes.