Capel Garmon Church
There have been a series of churches in Capel Garmon, the latest of which is the now closed, this being St Garmon’s Church that was built in 1862. In his ‘Welsh folk-lore’ (1887) Elias Owen recounts the following legend he heard pertaining to the church in Capel Garmon from his friend Rev. Owen Jones of Pentrevoelas.
According to Owen Jones “The tradition is that Capel Garmon Church was to have been built on the side of the mountain just above the present village, near the Well now called Ffynnon Armon, but the materials carried there in the daytime were in a mysterious manner conveyed by night to the present site of the church.”