Only the base remains of The Nogworth Cross (aka Northwood Cross) which can be found beside a lane near Shay Lane and the Todmorden Road. According to ‘A History of the County of Lancaster: Volume 6’ (1911), ‘In the Extwistle part, on the high moorland, are some tumuli and the sites of supposed British and Roman camps; there is another camp above Thursden. Nogworth Cross stood halfway between Extwistle Hall and Monk Hall; there is a tradition that a mischievous ‘boggart’ which frequented Holden to the south was ‘laid’ under this cross. Another cross stood at Thursden.
It was moved to its current location in 1909, so the boggart won’t be under it now.