Sarah Siddons School
Sarah Siddons on North Wharf Road opened opened in 1961 as a secondary school for girls from Regent’s Park and Bellfield Schools. Part of North Westminster Community School since 1980, the Paranormal Database website suggests that it was haunted by the ghost of the Welsh actress, Sarah Siddons (Born 5 July 1755 – Died 8 June 1831) wearing a blue dress and a small hat.
In 1980, Michael Marland, the headteacher of Sarah Siddons School discovered an inscribed stone in the grounds concerning an Alm House and dating from 1714. Measuring 4ft 3 ins by 3ft 4 ins, this stone is thought to be the oldest engraved stone in Paddington.