You are hereWoodbridge


Dallinghoo Treasure

In ‘County Folk-Lore: Suffolk’ (1893), Lady Camilla Gurdon gives the following story ‘Beneath a post of a high gate in Dallinghoo lies a hidden treasure; the ghost of its former owner haunts the spot and twelve clergymen have unitedly failed to lay the spirit.’

RAF Bentwater UFO (1956)

On 13th August 1956 the Radar Station at RAF Bentwaters, (RAF and USAF) tracked a UFO flying at 5,000 mph towards the air base at around 10.55pm. A Lockheed T-33 Shooting Star was diverted to check out the object. About an hour later that night another UFO was tracked, this time there was a ground sighting from a control tower, which was witnessed as a bright light travelling very fast. Read More »

Rendlesham Forest UFO Crash (1980)

The Rendlesham Forest "UFO Crash" is perhaps the best known "UFO case" in Britain. It has all the ingredients of an intriguing mystery story: determined investigators facing incredible difficulties, military officers "covering the truth", shady characters making their appearance and the promise of a final revelation that would shake the Pillars of Heaven. Read More »

The Footless Ghost of Dallinghoo

According to ‘County Folk-Lore: Suffolk’ (1893) edited by Lady Camilla Gurdon, ‘In years gone by there lived at Dallinghoo a "Widow Shawe who committed suicide by cutting her throat. She now haunts the lanes and flits by without feet. She has been seen by many, and amongst those whom she has startled is Mrs. H., a thatcher's wife. Read More »

The Headless Horses Of Boulge Hall

The following account of a haunting was published in ‘County Folk-Lore: Suffolk’ (1893) edited by Lady Camilla Gurdon. Her source was a Mr Redstone. ‘At Boulge Hall, upon the stroke of twelve at midnight, a coach drawn by a pair of headless horses, and driven by a headless coachman, who dismounts to open the lodge gates, takes back the ghost of the late owner, Mr. Read More »

White Foot Lane, Burgh

According to Folklore [A Quarterly Review Of Myth, Tradition, Institution & Custom] Vol III (1892), ‘Mr. Maude also tells me that a lane in Burgh is called White-foot Lane because a ghost with white feet walks up it’



Recent comments

Featured Site