Longniddry UFO 1963

Longniddry UFO 1963

You may also like...

2 Responses

1. Mauro says:

Only “earthly” explanation…
    The only explanation I can think of right now is a weather balloon travelling at very high altitude. I know it’s not a particulary good explanation but it’s the only "rational" one I can offer.
    These things have always been in wide use and can reach quite incredible speeds when borne by stratosphere winds and reflected sunlight can make them "glow" when observed from the ground.
    Of course as i said this is the only "rational" explanation I can offer right now but if I learn more I’ll be happy to oblige with my findings.

2. Agricola says:

The land around Longniddry

The land around Longniddry is relatively flat and to the east (although more ne than directly east)of the village is the airfield at East Fortune – about 15 miles away . Now a museum and aerodrome, in the early 1960s it was used as Edinburgh’s main airport for a while as they developed the current airport site at Turnhouse. I’m wondering if the light was a plane coming in to land and directly shining at the boys, before dipping as it comes in to land, and the lights appearing reduced.