The Royal Oak, East Lavant
The 18th century Royal Oak public house and restaurant in East Lavant had a reputation of being haunted in the 1950’s. It has been suggested that the apparition of a bearded man has been seen in the back rooms and heard climbing the stairs during the evening.
Wilfred Miles moved to The Royal Oak as the licensee in the 1950’s and quickly encountered the apparition of a man with a thin beard, as did his two sons, who saw the man sat on their bed on night. According to The Haunted Pub Guide (1985) by Guy Lyon Playfair, this bedroom had a reputation of being haunted by a male figure prior to the Miles family moving in.