Category: Hauntings

1

The Stadium Of Light

The Stadium Of Light is the 49,000 spectator capacity home ground for the Sunderland Association Football Club. It is built on the site of the old Wearmouth Colliery which opened in 1835 and closed...

0

John Whitfield A6 Ghost

It has been suggested that the ghost of John Whitfield, a highwayman hung in chains by Barrock Fell can be heard crying for help. In his book ‘Bygone Cumberland and Westmorland’ (1899), Daniel Scott...

0

Tillington Headless Horse & Pig

According to ‘Some West Sussex Superstitions Lingering in 1868’ by Mrs Latham, “We have amongst us ghosts even of the brute creation; a headless horse tears madly up and down a lane in Tillington,...

0

A39 Highwayman

Reputedly the ghost of a highway man named Thomas Pocock haunts the A39 around Ashcott. According to Laura Linham in her article published in Somerset Live [6 October 2017]. ‘If you live in Ashcott,...

0

Rottingdean Smugglers Tunnel

According to ‘Some West Sussex Superstitions Lingering in 1868’, by Mrs Latham ‘It is likely that the present disposition to believe in ghost stories is in a great measure traditionally from the last generation,...

0

South Tawton Ghost Cow

According to Sarah Hewett in her ‘Nummits and Crummits’ published in (1900), ‘AT a hamlet near the parish of South Tawton, a small town on the borders of Dartmoor, there is an interesting story...

0

Mill Road, Cambridge

The following Cambridgeshire News story by Nicola Gwyer was published 4 October 2019. There has been a report of a “quite annoying” ghost spotted on Mill Road. The spooky spirit was spotted just outside...

0

Lyceum Theatre, Crewe

The current Lyceum Theatre building in Crewe dates back to 1911 though the theatre has been on the site since 1876, when it originally opened in a converted Roman Catholic Church which had been...

0

Nocton Hall

Nocton Hall was built during the reign of Henry VIII on the grounds of a priory which was dissolved during the dissolution of the monasteries. It burned down and was rebuilt in 1841 by...